Atlantis Rising 2nd Edition (Kickstarter with Monstrosities)
1 – 7 Players, 60 – 120 Minutes playing time, Ages 10 and up. Work together to deploy citizens across your homeland, gathering resources in order to build a cosmic gate that can save your people. Manufacturer: Elf Creek Games. Categories: Ancient, Civilization, Dice, Expansion, Fantasy, Mythology, Prehistoric, and Science Fiction. Game Mechanics: Cooperative Game, Dice Rolling, Push Your Luck, Solo / Solitaire Game, Variable Player Powers, Worker Placement, and Worker Placement Different Worker Types.
Compare price to going rate of $154.98!
How to Play:
Atlantis Rising 2nd Edition is a co-operative worker placement game in which you must work together with up to six other players to deploy citizens across your homeland, gathering resources in order to build a cosmic gate that can save your people. Workers placed close to the shoreline are more rewarding, but are more likely to be flooded and the actions lost.
Every turn, each player draws a misfortune card that will flood certain locations along the ever-shrinking Atlantis shoreline, or may otherwise work to undermine your efforts to save your people. So you must race to gather the necessary resources to build and power the gate, before the island disappears beneath the waves forever.
This edition contains all new art and graphic design, created to bring even more attention to the thematic setting of the game. The Athenians Attack phase has been replaced with the Wrath of the Gods phase, requiring more strategic planning and adding to the sense of urgency. Now, instead of placing workers in an Atlantean Navy, players must cooperatively decide to flood a set number of tiles at the end of each round. To further aid them in their task, Councilor player powers have been expanded and made more impactful, and the knowledge deck has similarly been revised and expanded. The variable gate components, once built, no longer offer one-time bonuses, but create new worker placement spots where players can send Atlantean workers to unleash actions to help save their island.
Kickstarter with Monstrosities includes:
- Atlantis Rising 2nd Edition Core game
- 2nd Edition Deluxe Components
- Here There Be Monsters Promos
- Monstrosities Expansion
Atlantis Rising: Monstrosities is an expansion for Atlantis Rising (Second Edition) that offers these new challenges:
- Medusa Unleashed, in which the gorgon Medusa turns Atlanteans to stone. Can you break her curse and recruit her to your side?
- The Harpies’s Lair, in which three monstrous, birdlike creatures steal the resources and workers you need to build the Cosmic Gate. Can you defeat the Harpies and win back the treasures found in their lair?
- Between Scylla & Charybdis, in which the monsters that have long doomed sailors leave their narrow straight and terrorize the shores of Atlantis. Can you satisfy their hunger and calm the waters surrounding the isle?
Four new mechanisms are introduced to the game:
- Magic Items
|12 × 11.75 × 8 in