Enemy Action: Ardennes
1 -2 Players, 60 – 600 Minutes playing time, Ages 16 and up. Enemy Action: Ardennes scores in the high 8’s on Board Game Geek and is in the Top 25 ranked Wargames out of thousands of rated games. Like many wargames, it generally takes a play or two to fully understand the nuances involved with incorporating all of the moving pieces correctly. Unlike many modern wargames, there are no dice rolls involved. Players enjoy the engaging, swift, exciting and deep gameplay. While the solo version is a bit cumbersome, the bot is excellent in creating a fog of war and portraying a viable enemy. Manufacturer: Compass Games LLC. Categories: Wargame, and World War II. Game Mechanics: Campaign / Battle Card Driven, Chit-Pull System, Hexagon Grid, and Solo / Solitaire Game.
NOTE: This game meets our standard US Continental Free Shipping threshold!
Enemy Action: Ardennes is a card-driven war game based on the German offensive against the western Allies in December 1944 — the Battle of the Bulge. Each player controls the German or Allied (US and British) side. If playing solo, the game system controls the other side.
Enemy Action delivers fun, tense wargaming with a focus on command and capabilities:
– Low complexity with constant decision points for both sides;
– Two-player competition;
– Solitaire play of either side with an innovative system governing enemy command and tactics;
– Card-driven impulse system, with multi-purpose cards that can be played to activate formations, implement command events, or gain tactical advantages in combat.
– Diceless and chartless combat system – players draw combat chits that build a narrative of each combat.
– Map scale: 2.5 miles per hex. Hexes are oversized for easy counter handling.
– Unit Scale: Regiments, brigades and divisions
– Time scale: One day per turn, with several impulses in each turn.”
|Dimensions||11.75 × 9.25 × 3 in|