Ignite (All-In Edition)
1 – 8 Players, 40 – 160 Minutes playing time, Ages 13 and up. In Ignite, duel other players in this miniatures board game using your deck building skills across a variable landscape! Manufacturer: Ginger Snap Gaming. Categories: Expansion, Fantasy, Fighting, Miniatures, Negotiation, and Wargame. Game Mechanics: Area Majority / Influence, Deck Bag and Pool Building, Grid Movement, Hand Management, Modular Board, and Variable Player Powers.
NOTE: This game meets our US Contiguous Free Shipping threshold!
Solo / Coop Mode Preview:
Ignite (All-in Edition). Many ages have past since the use of magic broke the world. Since then, the races of Oshos have lived in an unstable peace. Yet as memory slips to myth, and myth slips to legend, the “Great Races” once more begin meddling with magic, and the tainted power corrupts the land yet again. Lava swallows up whole villages and a terrible famine spreads. “Lower” nomadic races begin rising up, pillaging and raiding nearby towns for food. Peace is no longer an option. War is here, and only one race can reign supreme.
Ignite is a dueling deckbuilder where players battle miniatures across a variably built board. Each player has 3 units of their chosen race, each with its own asymmetrical race ability.
In Ignite there is a strength and weakness to everything. Invest too early in powerful magic attacks, and you won’t have any honor to purchase more valuable equipment when you need it. Invest in bows and arrows to gain a range advantage over the enemy, but remember, you can only shoot arrows if you also have a bow in your hand. Prefer getting up close and personal with melee weapons? Just be sure you have mounts available to bring your unit within striking distance.
The All-In Edition comes with all the KS exclusives for the base game and both expansions!
The Freeze Expansion:
The Freeze takes everything that you loved about Ignite and takes it to a new level. New races, new terrain, new massive war machines, new devastating Hex cards, new equipment, weapons, abilities, and spells. Even a new type of poisonous damage.
– 2 new terrain types: Acid Pools corrupt your equipment, requiring you to discard a card at random. Snow requires an additional point of movement to move into.
– 2 new races: the unbreakable Orcs who require 4 damage to take down, and the Fallen Valkyrie who are experts in blocking both melee weapons and spells.
– 50+ new sets of battle cards, with new spells, weapons, shields, and abilities that can completely change the game.
– Hex cards which will clog up your deck unless you’re lucky enough to pass them on to an opponent.
– Poison damage tokens: These green daggers replace the standard damage daggers and will continuously cause your unit damage unless you’re able to heal it.
– War machines are now available for purchase, taking time to build but dealing death instantly to those naïve enough to be within range once complete.
A New Enemy Expansion:
Ignite: A New Enemy takes the “battling deckbuilder” system of Ignite and turns it into a Solo or Cooperative game. It requires both the Ignite base game as well as Ignite: The Freeze expansion.
In Ignite: A New Enemy, a powerful ancient force is summoning water minions which are attacking the residents of Oshos. The races must band together (under a banner of temporary truce) in order to stop this new threat.
Each turn, water minions will be summoned at the top of the board. Each minion is equipped with a specific weapon or spell (associated to the color of its base) and follows simple rules to move and attack the players. If players survive long enough, the ancient foe will present itself. With its death comes freedom for the land.
The expansion includes:
- Double sided enemy cards, allowing the minions to “level up” upon reaching the 11th round.
- 3 sets of Round cards (depending on the player count) with 3 possibilities of minions to spawn.
- Power cards which are drawn each turn to effect the players or minions.
- Deadly Apocalypse cards which can severely shift power in battle.
- A giant dragon miniature measuring roughly 130mm in height.
- A special set of 10 battle cards which allow you to use the dragon miniature during competitive games.
This All-In Edition also comes with the Centaur Exclusive Race!
|Dimensions||16.50 × 12.75 × 14 in|