Old-School Essentials Rules Tome (Second Printing) [Print + PDF]
296 page hardcover; A5 (Digest) size; deluxe quality sewn binding; 2 ribbon markers; 40 pages of colour art plates; endpapers printed with tables and rules summaries.
There are Free Downloads for the following items: Old-School Essentials: Author’s Notes on the Rules [PDF], Welcome to Dolmenwood [PDF], Dolmenwood Referee’s Map [PDF], Old-School Essentials Basic Rules [PDF], Old-School Essentials Underground Character Sheet [PDF], Old-School Essentials Vagabond Character Sheet [PDF], Old-School Essentials Purist Character Sheet [PDF], Old-School Essentials Third Party License [PDF], and Old-School Essentials: Adaption Guidelines [PDF]
Check out the OSE Generator: You don’t even know how much you need this thing until you start to use it! Fantastic!
When you order a physical Necrotic Gnome book from us, you can also obtain a complimentary PDF. Just email your proof of purchase (a photo of the receipt is the easiest way, though you can scan it too), using the email address you used to order your products from Stone Valley Games, and email Necrotic Gnome, the creators of Old-School Essentials, at [email protected] You will receive a complimentary PDF of the product!
Boxed Set or Tome?
The core Old-School Essentials game is available in two formats:
- The Black Box: A boxed set of 5 modular books.
- The Rules Tome: A chunky all-in-one book.
The content of these two formats is the same; they just cater to different tastes.
Out of stock
Old-School Essentials is an adventure role-playing game of exploration, danger, monsters, and magic. The game is intentionally rules-light, putting the focus of play on imagination, improvisation, and fun. The rules are optimized for ease of use at the table, with meticulous attention to wording and layout clarity. What’s more, Old-School Essentials is 100% compatible with the classic Basic/Expert game from 1981, meaning that decades of adventure are at your fingertips!
A Complete Game All in One Book
Old-School Essentials is a modular game where the core rules of the game are extended by additional “rules modules” which add content for different genres of fantastic adventure. The Old-School Essentials Rules Tome is a compilation of the core rules plus four rules modules, forming a complete game for Classic Fantasy adventures:
- Core Rules: Rules for character creation and advancement, adventuring in dungeons, the wilderness, and at sea, magic and combat.
- Classic Fantasy: Genre Rules: Seven classic classes (cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief), complete lists of weapons and adventuring gear, extensive lists of vehicles, mounts, and vessels, mercenaries and specialists for hire, rules for stronghold construction.
- Classic Fantasy: Cleric and Magic-User Spells: The complete set of 34 cleric spells (from 1st to 5th level) and 72 magic-user spells (from 1st to 6th level), for use by players of cleric, elf, and magic-user characters.
- Classic Fantasy: Monsters: A selection of over 200 classic monsters to challenge adventurers of all levels.
- Classic Fantasy: Treasures: A hoard of over 150 wondrous magic items.
The material in this book forms a complete clone of the classic Basic/Expert game, including all rules, classes, spells, monsters, and magic items.
|Dimensions||6 × 8.5 × 1 in|
You may also like…
Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Druid and Illusionist Spells [Print + PDF]Rated 5.00 out of 5
Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Genre Rules [Print + PDF]Rated 5.00 out of 5
Dolmenwood: Winter’s Daughter Hardcover [Print + PDF]Rated 5.00 out of 5
$17.00Add to cart
Savage Worlds RPG: Rippers Resurrected – Action Decks
$19.99Add to cart
Savage Worlds RPG: Rippers Resurrected Game Master’s Handbook (Softcover)
$19.99Add to cart
Pathfinder (Second Edition): Character Sheet Pack
$14.99Add to cart
Savage Worlds RPG: Science Fiction Companion (Second Edition)
$19.99Add to cart