Rome & Roll
1 – 4 Players, 60 – 90 Minutes playing time, Ages 14 and up. This is not your filler roll and write, but something much more meaty. In Rome & Roll, players compete to rebuild after the Great Fire of Rome and craft an empire. Manufacturer: PCS Games. Categories: Ancient, City Building, and Dice. Game Mechanics: Dice Rolling, Line Drawing, Paper-and-Pencil, and Variable Player Powers.
How to Play:
6 in stock
Rome & Roll is a heavy roll-and-write board game by Dávid Turczi and Nick Shaw in which 1-4 players compete to craft an empire. Draft from a pool of custom dice to collect resources, construct the town, and organize armies. Political alliances, the colonies, and even the Gods all have a part to play. Imperii Gloria!
64 AD: Rome is burnt to cinders, in need of rebuilding. With the city weakened, distant settlements across the empire refuse to pay taxes and need reminding of the power of Rome. Emperor Nero gathers the most influential members of the city with a clear task: rebuild Rome and recapture the settlements. Each player will utilize their asymmetric abilities to do so and earn wealth along the way in this new, interactive, heavy, roll and write game.
• Draft the dice to match your needs: roll, draw, and win!
• Play one of seven unique character classes, ranging from merchants to military leaders, with a wealth of different strategies to deploy.
• Take advantage of four possible scoring avenues: construct buildings, trade resources, conquer unruly colonies, and renovate the Roman road network.
• Make political alliances and call on the Gods.
• Raise armies and invade settlements as far afield as Egypt and Spain.
• Build roads and manage unruly provinces.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 9 × 2 in|