This War of Mine: Tales from the Ruined City
1 – 6 Players, 45 – 120 Minutes playing time, Ages 18 and up. The civilians of war-torn Pogoren can now explore sewers, buy from farmers, and more. This expansion to the popular and brutal This War of Mine scores in the mid 8’s on Board Game Geek, but does require the base game to play. The new scenarios are extremely synergistic with the main theme of the base game, and give extra cards after you win them – so helpful! For those who enjoyed the original game, this is an exceptional addition. Manufacturer: Galakta. Categories: Adventure, Expansion, Exploration, Mature / Adult, Modern Warfare, and Video Game Theme. Game Mechanics: Action Points, Cooperative Game, Grid Movement, Push Your Luck, Simulation, Storytelling, and Worker Placement.
This game review includes the expansion (at about the 19:53 mark):
This War of Mine: Tales from the Ruined City: War knows no end. Its victims are counted in thousands and each day we lose hope, little by little. Food is becoming scarce and our shelter is falling apart — yet we keep struggling.
New faces can be seen around the city: the friendly ones at the makeshift market or in neighboring houses, the hostile ones in the night with blinding flashlights and clubs and knives. We seek new paths to travel through the ruins — sometimes even underground — just to avoid sniper fire and loot anything of value. It’s never much, yet we keep struggling. We have no other choice.
Tales from the Ruined City is the first expansion for This War of Mine: The Board Game, a story-rich game of survival in a war-torn city.
The expansion introduces a range of game modules to enrich the base game:
– Emira is the 13th Character complete with a personal background; you may introduce her in any playthrough
– Desperate Measures cards empower you whenever you lose anyone from your group
– Farmers module features the Market, where your choices affect the way people perceive you; it also gives you a chance to interact with people from outside the city
– Sewers are full of unknown dangers and thrilling narrative, providing you with options for additional Scavenging runs
– Five Scenarios offer many hours of thrilling gameplay; each features unique rules and components and winning one of the gives you access to a reward envelope with special legacy content
Face atrocities of war and prove that from horrible desperation comes great courage.
|Dimensions||9.75 × 9.75 × 2.25 in|